Getting Out of the Rain
Sometimes things don’t go as planned. They go wrong and don’t always get fixed. There are storms of life that come with high winds and others don’t come with winds at all. Nevertheless, I’ve learned over the years it’s not so much about the type of storm as much as it is about what I can do to get out of the rain. Here are a few suggestions on what to do when things don’t go as planned.
1. Take a look at your situation and evaluate the problem.
2. Don’t spend too much time lingering on the problem. Spend more time on coming up with a solution.
3. Focus on action steps, how it occurred and what you will do in the future, so it doesn’t occur again.
4. Realize you aren’t alone in the world. There are many people out there worse off than you.
5. Do your best to move forward and don’t be too hard on yourself if this step isn’t easy. Most things that benefit you aren’t.
6. Pray and then open your eyes, get up and enjoy your day.