Like many counselors, I have had the privilege of helping a number of individuals, parents and children through times of personal crisis. What I do is help clients define how they want their lives to be different and then help them identify the steps to reach their goals. I provide competent and compassionate care for individuals, couples and families who come for counseling, as well as provide community workshops and other resources to the general public in order to help and provide a renewed hope for a better tomorrow.
On this site, I make available several books I’ve written that you might find helpful:
- Christian Counseling: A Guide for Pastors, Ministers and Christian Counselors
- Habits for a Happy Marriage
- HopeNotes: A Single Mom’s Devotional
- Yours Truly, Tommy: A child’s perspective on autism (written in a bi-lingual format filled with beautiful pictures of real children)
- And several more
Please feel free to contact me directly if you need any more information about any of my services.
Blessings to you and yours,
Beth D. Baus, MS, MTS
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
Founder of Our Healthy Families
How Can Counseling Help?
Counseling can help :
- build on your existing strengths
- give you balanced feedback, insight and understanding into your problem
- recognize and change negative or destructive patterns
- develop better communication and relationship skills
- learn more effective coping strategies
- use those tools to create a more satisfying, fulfilling life and relationships.
- Grief & Loss
- Marital Counseling
- Pre-Marital Counseling
- Military Families
- Adolescent and Children
- Women’s Issues
- Counseling services in accordance with sound biblical principles and Christian values
What to Expect
If you haven’t been in therapy before, it can be scary not knowing what to expect. Please be assured that I will:
- listen carefully, with empathy and compassion
- treat you with respect at all times
- keep our conversations strictly confidential
- be open to your feedback about our work together
Our First Meeting
During our initial, 60-minute consultation, we’ll review your concerns and your goals for therapy, explore some of your history and background, and discuss the therapy process and my policies. By the end, you’ll probably know whether you feel comfortable working with me and want to continue or if you would prefer, I’ll be glad to refer you to another therapist.
We’ll typically meet weekly for an hour. Regular sessions are particularly helpful early in therapy because they help lay the groundwork for positive change. In my experience, people who come to therapy weekly tend to feel better more quickly, stick with therapy until they’re ready to “fly solo,” and retain the gains they achieve.
In our meetings, I’ll help you learn techniques for better problem-solving, communication, stress management, and emotional wellbeing. A key goal will be incorporating your new skills into your day-to-day life outside of the therapy office. In other words, we’ll work hard on moving from insight and understanding to action. The aim is for you to see and feel positive changes as you put your knowledge into practice.
Wednesdays - Friday (9am - 6pm / by appointment only)
Telehealth Video and Phone Sessions Provided
Fees & Insurance
My fees reflect what I believe is fair compensation based on my education, expertise, and the quality of my work.
Regular 60-minute therapy session: $135
Payment by VISA/MasterCard/American Express is due at the time of each session.
- Will provide superbill invoice if needed